From Language Is A Virus:
- Ezra Pound on Language in Poetry
- Allen Ginsberg's Mind Writing Slogans
- Jack Kerouac's Essentials of Spontaneous Prose
- Explore this virus, many treats to be found.
Last Saturday we went to an Electro party at the 301 Overtoom squat (or ex-squat?).
Besides places to live squats are often socially interesting places, hosting give-away shops, pirate radio stations, (often vegetarian or vegan) restaurants."
There is a long history of squatting in The Netherlands, and throughout the rest of Europe. In Amsterdam their are squatted restaurants, bars, internet cafes, and of course apartments.
Despite political pressure and police evictions, there are a few remaining squats in Canada and the US.
On Thursday we'll take a train to Eindhoven and then fly to Dublin for the Oxegen festival.
Some of the acts I'm excited to see (in no particular order):
- The Streets
- The Prodigy
- Deep Dish
- New Order
- Echo and The Bunnymen
- Snoop Dogg
- Green Day
- Two Lone Swordsmen
- Super Furry Animals
- ...cannot continue list... too... many... musicians...