Turnitin is a plagiarism prevention service. It can, for example, be used by teachers to determine if their students are copying their homework off the internet. I had no idea that cheating had become this high-tech. The Turnitin web-crawler bot visited this site last night. To all you kids hoping to turn in portions of this blog to your english teachers: You have been warned! haha.
I'll be the first to admit that my writing style, grammar and spelling leave much to be desired. As part of my ongoing attempt at self-improvement I found following tools and links:
- The Economist Style Guide - A writing guide based on the style book which is given to all journalists at The Economist.
- The Armchair Grammarian - Everything you've ever wanted to know about English grammar & punctuation.
- The Internet Public Library
- The dictionary.com word of the day
- Clever Keys - Free software that allows you to look up any text displayed on your monitor on dictionary.com.
- National Academies Press - over 2500 science and technology books on-line for free.
Collages are fun! (Via Giornale Nuovo)
So is existentialism...